DR. JEFFREY R. CARA, DO
DOUBLE BOARD CERTIFIED
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine
Director of Jupiter/Gardens Spine and Wellness Centers of America
Mayo Clinic and Northwestern University Graduate
Mayo Clinic Fellowship
Dr. Jeffrey R. Cara is an Interventional Pain Care Physician and Physiatrist who believes that everyone deserves a life free of pain. Having grown up on four continents and spent a third of his life abroad, Dr. Cara welcomes a diverse patient population. Double board-certified, Dr. Cara trained at the nation’s leading, ACGME-accredited programs: Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine NorthShore. A graduate of Stetson University, Dr. Cara was salutatorian of his medical school class and completed his Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation residency at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC), consistently ranked the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in the nation. He then completed comprehensive fellowship training in acute, chronic, and interventional pain medicine at Mayo Clinic.
A Florida native and former Palm Beach County Ocean Rescue lifeguard, Dr. Cara is passionate about environmental conservation and sustainability. He has completed eight triathlons and enjoys playing in the great outdoors with his family. Dr. Cara actively volunteers across South Florida, and he considers his medical career a lifelong opportunity to serve.
Membership and Advocacy
Dr. Cara supports a variety of organizations devoted to improving patient access, quality of care, equality, and sustainability.
- American Medical Association – driving medicine toward a more equitable future, removing obstacles that interfere with patient care, and confronting the nation’s greatest public health crises
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation – improving the quality of patient care
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Association – promoting excellence in medical practice, education, and research
- Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches – advancing economic and civic interests of the Palm Beaches
- Urban League of Palm Beach County – assisting African-Americans and other minorities in the achievement of social and economic equality
- T. Leroy Jefferson Medical Society – improving health and wellness, access to quality care, and academic and career opportunities for underserved populations in Palm Beach County
- GLMA – Gay & Lesbian Medical Association – healthcare professionals advancing LGBTQ equality
- MyTransHealth – ensuring that all trans and gender-nonconforming people receive culturally competent service
- The Nature Conservancy – conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends
Patients appreciate Dr. Cara’s unhurried approach and devotion to evidence-based medicine – he maintains a five-star rating from patients on Healthgrades, Vitals and RateMDs.
required me to see a PA to diagnose, then a future appointment for care. My wonderful Cardiologist, recommended Dr. Cara because he was receiving such amazing comments from other patients. I immediately made an appointment with Dr. Cara, and the rest is now history. YOU SEE HIM! He is quick to locate the problem, and just as quick to resolve it! I would challenge anyone to do a more thorough assessment of the problem, and then apply the treatment. Not to mention, he treats you as if you are his only patient, and IS always immediately on time! No waiting. I cannot describe how excited I am to have found relief, and to have a physician that treats you as if you are his one and only! GO SEE HIM. You will be glad you did! His staff is just as great!
touch when giving injections (my lower back and knee were injected today). Granted, this was my second visit. The medical assistant Kyra, was also very smart, attentive, explanatory and has an awesome personality too! Dr. Cara is my new pain management specialist, 100% of the time!
and explains all the options available to treat my pain. The willingness to spend time to address my situation makes a world of difference. During my first visit I came in with excruciating pain Dr Cara has a great chair side manners that truly makes you feel confident and relax during any procedure while addressing the issue at hand. His staff is very attentive, caring and personable. I would recommend him with my eye closed.
Dr. Cara's Patient Experiences
Spine and Wellness Centers of America - Jupiter/Gardens
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS IN JUPITER/GARDENS
Conveniently located on the south side of Indiantown Road between Military Trail and A1A in the Promenade Shoppes plaza.
240 W. Indiantown Road
Jupiter, FL 33458
Directions: Our office is located in northern Jupiter on the south side of Indiantown Road between Military Trail and A1A in the Promenade Shoppes plaza. Please turn onto S. Orange Avenue to access the parking lot, which is in the rear of the plaza. Our office is sandwiched between Aspen Falls Aveda Salon and Yamaha Pianos, two doors down from Old Florida Bar and Grill.
- Mayo Clinic
- Fellowship Hospital
- Northwestern University Feinberg
- School of Medicine Residency Hospital
- University of Chicago
- Internship Hospital
- Medical School
- Stetson University
- Undergraduate School