TREATMENTS & PROCEDURES
EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION (ESI)
EPIDURAL STEROID INJECTION IS A TECHNIQUE FOR RELIEVING PAIN FROM SPINAL STENOSIS AND SPINAL DISC HERNIATION.
Using a needle, relatively small amounts of corticosteroids, together with a local anesthetic, are injected into the epidural space around the spinal cord and spinal nerves. The anti-inflammatory effect of the corticosteroid is responsible for providing pain relief when radiculopathy exists and is a recommended process for pain care. We use a state of the art C-arm to provide image guidance for pinpoint accuracy.
An epidural injection is a common pain care procedure used to treat inflamed spinal nerve pain. The procedure is minimally invasive and quite routine. The medicine spreads through the epidural, soothes the pain in your nerves, and reduces inflammation.
The injection consists of a steroid and saline (free of preservatives) and is delivered in the epidural space of your spine.
Do you need an Epidural Steroid Injection?
Some patients who have had success with epidural steroid injections have:
Lower back pain
Upper back pain
Types of epidural injections
There are several different types of Epidural Steroid Injections. SWCA specialists will determine which type of Epidural Steroid Injection is most appropriate for your pain condition.
The most common Epidural Steroid Injections performed by the Top Interventional Spine Specialists & Board Certified Pain Specialists at Spine and Wellness Centers of America include:
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection: Treatment for neck pain, upper back pain, shoulder pain, and arm pain.
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection: Treatment for lower back pain and leg pain.
- Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection: Treatment for lower back pain and leg pain.
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injection: Treatment for lower back or spine pain that radiates to the legs. Includes conditions such as Spinal Stenosis, Radiculopathy, Sciatica and Herniated Discs.
- Sacroiliac Joint Steroid Injection: Treatment for low back pain and buttock pain. Epidural Injection for Cancer pain.
An epidural steroid injection (ESI) is a minimally invasive procedure that provides people of all ages and abilities relief of pain. An epidural can help relieve neck, arm, back, and leg pain caused by inflamed spinal nerves and pain associated with nerve root compression due to spinal stenosis or disc herniation.
Contact South Florida's
(ESI) EPIDURAL SPINAL INJECTION SPECIALISTS
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT